Awards & Honors
GILEE is an award-winning program receiving recognition from the House and the Senate of the State of Georgia, from the City of Atlanta, from Georgia State University, from the Consulate General of Israel in Atlanta, from professional and business associations, and from state and federal law enforcement agencies and associations.
- Special Service Award, The Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police, July 2014
- J. Edgar Hoover Memorial Scholarship, September 19, 2009
- Georgia Governor’s Public Safety Award, October, 2008 (Contribution to Profession)
- Israel Police Commissioner Award, Israel, June 2008
- Exceptional Service Award, Georgia State University, April 2008
- House Resolution 1520: Commending Dr. Carl Patton, President, Georgia State University
- House Resolution 1369: Commending Dr. Susan, Kelley, Dean, College of Health and Human Sciences, GSU
- House Resolution 1377: Commending Chief Inspector Adar Yahalom
- Senate Resolution 589: Commending GILEE, April 2007
- House Resolution 617: Recognition of GILEE, April 2007
- Community Partner Award, American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Southeast Region, May 2006
- International Excellence Award, Georgia State University, November 2004
- Governor Perdue Honors GILEE, February 3, 2004
- DEA Award, Dallas, Texas, Field Division, January 2004
- President’s Award, Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police, January 2003
- International Excellence Award, Georgia State University, November 2002
- President’s Award, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, Georgia Chapter, April 2002
- Friendship Award, Consulate General of Israel to the Southeastern United States, May 2000
- Special Service Award, The Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police, July 1998
*The Senate resolution was sponsored by Senator Eric Johnson, President Pro Tempore, District 1.
*The House resolutions were sponsored by Representative Burke Day, Chair of the House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee. He represents the 163rd District.